Thursday, January 22, 2009

26 1/2 Weeks

All I can say is, "HOLY COW!" I went to the doctors yesterday and you wouldn't believe how much weight I gained in 4 short weeks. I gained so much that when the nurse took me into the room she asked me what I read on the scale. I told her what I read and she said that she read the same thing but it wasn't like me to gain that much weight. She went on to ask me if I was wearing different clothes and I said, "no", she then asked if my shoes were off and I said, "yes." She couldn't believe that the number could be sooo high so she took me back out and weighed me one more time just to make sure. Yup, the scale said the same thing...10 pound weight gain!!!! I told her that I just ate lunch and maybe that is why the scale was reading so much, she then said, "what did you eat...2 pounds of pasta?" I guess that was my clue that I couldn't have gained that much weight just from lunch. Then the doctor came in and said, "Well you gained some weight, lately!" What could I say but, "It seems that way." I asked him if I could continue to walk on my treadmill since my ankles have been swelling lately and he said that he didn't want me to stop. He stated that if I stopped he was afraid that I would gain even more weight and he didn't want that. So finally after 10 minutes of discussing my gigantic weight gain with the nurse and doctor, I was finally able to hear the baby's heart beat. Her heart was beating in the 140's and I was measuring right at 26 weeks. So needless to say, this was not one of my favorite appointments. I guess I am gonna have to start watching what I am eating and how much. I'm sure not going to starve myself, but I think that I could do without all those cookies that I have been eating lately:)

Here is my 26 1/2 week photo. You can definitely tell that I am getting bigger...I'm sure those 10 pounds helped!! How frustrating.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great, and look far from gaining ten pounds! Take care! :)

Jessica

Kelly said...

How cute! Your belly has finally popped out!

Allison said...

Aww Jamie!! brush that comment or commentS off! Seriously...the same thing happened to me. I was around month 7 and went in for my appt. I got weighed and had gained 10 lbs. The nurse gave me this dissapointed look and kind of whispered to me "you've gained 10 lbs..." It was like she was quietly trying to make me feel ashamed. no joke. It took all I had to not bawl when she said that because I wasn't doing anything differently and no doctor had ever told me to slow down the weight gain and always had said my weight gain was good. So anyway I went in to see the doc. ( by the way that nurse ws not my usual either) and I told him what the nurse had said to me and how upset that made me. He just said "Your weight gain is perfect- I like what you've gained, don't worry about what she's said!" And I had gained quite a bit at that point bc by the end I was 47 lbs heavier than my usual. So seriously- don't stop eating what you pregnant heart so desires! You will be fine and lose it all soon. If you started out small (which I know you did!) you're body will naturally work its way back down. Don't sweat it or feel guilty! :)